Orbio is building the world's most actionable Methane Monitoring Platform for effective climate change mitigation!
It's an exciting time to join us! We have just launched our MVP that leverages satellite data to enable organisations (e.g. oil & gas companies) to detect, monitor and reduce methane emissions across their global asset portfolios.
At Orbio, we believe that incredible things happen when you have a wealth of perspectives and experiences. We're proudly committed to equal employment and development opportunities no matter your gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, colour, disability, or place of origin. To help mitigate any potential unconscious biases, we ask that you refrain from including your picture, age, or marital status on your CV. Let your experiences speak for themselves.
Collaborating with data science, atmospheric science and remote sensing scientists at Orbio to:
- Contribute to and peer-review parts of our existing pipeline for Methane Intelligence, focussing on AI-based methods on geospatial and/or earth science data
- Write clean, easy-to-understand code, and contribute to the team’s software engineering knowledge.
- Read scientific papers to understand the current state-of-the-art for relevant tasks, and attempt to replicate those papers where appropriate
- Potential to write and publish research paper in this space
- Experience with machine learning and geophysics algorithms or applications such as: deep learning, computer vision, optimization, denoising, signal processing or time-series analysis
- Experience working with geospatial data
- Proficient with Python
- Experience working in agile software teams (GitLab, Sprints, etc.)
- Projects that demonstrate relevant skills
- Experience with scientific writing and publications
Not sure if you meet all the requirements for this role? Please apply anyways. You might bring something special to the team that we hadn't previously considered.
What you can expect from Orbio:
- A highly dynamic startup environment with lots of opportunities to learn, grow, thrive and take ownership with support from talented and empathetic team mates
- Getting access to the resources and attending scientific and product development training of the startup ecosystems of Google (Google for Startups program) and Microsoft (AI for Earth program)
- We are a remote-first company and emphasise the importance of time and location flexibility for everybody on the team.
- Competitive Salary and Stock Options
Contact Us: email@example.com